TSH wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:56:15 -0400, Allen Pulsifer wrote:

To all the OpenOffice users who might be interesting in trying out IBM
Lotus Symphony (Beta):

   DO NOT INSTALL IBM Lotus Symphony (Beta) !!!

I tried it out.  It took over all of my OpenDoc file associations,
without warning, and installed itself into a handful of other file
associations.  IT HAS NO UNINSTALLER, SO THESE CHANGES CANNOT BE EASILY
REVERSED!

Basically, it made a mess out of my registry.  Its taking me about an
hour to fix it.

WARNING: INSTALL IBM Lotus Symphony (Beta) AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

I agree that Symphony is a nasty piece of work, and does absolutely no credit to the respectable name of Lotus.

In Linux there should be a directory at /opt/ibm/lotus/Symphony/_uninst which contains the uninstaller.bin . Run this as root, and the problem is gone. Maybe Windows would have something similar.

On my Windows system, the uninstaller is in the usual place.

(I really don't see what is so shocking about a program for editing ODF files setting associations with ODF files.)
--
John W. Kennedy
"Compact is becoming contract,