I wouldn't even call this a religious issue. It's more an issue of convenience. It is a ROYAL PITA to go into preferences to change between two successive replies, and even more so to REMEMBER which way you have it set and whether you NEED to change it for a particular reply (I am using the Seamonkey mail client). Even if I tried to get it right I'd screw up some replies. So since there are some instances where I really have to top post, everybody gets top posted. Well, JUST ABOUT everybody!

And please don't suggest that some other mail client (your favorite, of course) makes it easier to switch so you can do some top and some bottom posting. Changing mail clients ***IS*** a religious issue :-)

Jim Hartley