On 09/30/2007 03:53 PM, Scott J. Smith wrote:

> My wife has the same brand laptop (Toshiba) as I.  Hers is an A205,
> mine an A215, both with Vista Home Premium, and she was able to load
> OO 2.3 just fine.
>
> Ideas?

What happens when you click the OK button? Does anything open?
Can you expand the window to see if there is anything else besides OK in it?

What happens if you attempt to run OOo from a terminal window? (Command
Prompt window). If you cd to the OOo directory (I don't know how to do
it on windows in a single string for directory names like this):

cd "program files"
cd "openoffice.org 2.3"
cd program
soffice

Does OOo open that way?

Note: you are not subscribed to this list. Please reply to
users@openoffice.org only.