Dear Users,

I have just converted to using Open Office from the usual Microsoft, this due to starting my own company and I like the idea of open source. Well it is also free which is an added bonus

In Excel you can make a list in an array formula so that a row vector can be subtracted/added from a another list of values

Eg from Excel
={10*LOG(SUM(10^((E15:L15+{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8})/10))}

The idea is that the values in the { brackets} can modify the values in the range E15:L15. This is the form of a formula that I use to calculate sums for acoustic measurements. I have found that Calc doesn't seem to recognize the { } and thus I have to use a much more complicated formula.

Could anyone help with how to overcome this problem? I have done a search of the groups but can't seem to find much.

Regards

Tom Harper.