On 07/10/2007, John Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In other words, what I think he is saying is just use the Windows
> partition to save your documents and skip the flash drive.  That will
> work if the XP partition is formatted as FAT32.  If it's NTFS, on the
> other hand, the support is still a little bit hit and miss.

if your distro ships with or has packages for the latest ntfs-3g
drivers then you can reliably read from and write to NTFS partitions.

I feel its easier to learn about parted/GParted/QtParted and get your
work of resizing and recreating partitions done rather than figure out
the fdisk interface.
I have heard some members of my local LUG complain that commercial
partitioning applications like Partition Magic write some vendor
specific details to the partitions, thus making it difficult to
manipulate by some other programs like gparted, etc.

--
Diabolic Preacher
As Is