On 10/08/2007 09:42 AM, Kenn Goutal wrote:
> What's the difference between
>       gmane.comp.openoffice.general
> and
>       gmane.comp.openoffice.questions
> ?
>
> That is, what sort of posts should go in each?
>
> Could someone in each group post the group's "charter"
> or general description, and maybe links to the appropriate FAQ, etc,
> once a month?
>
> Some newsgroups used to do this.  Maybe some still do.  I found it useful.
> It wouldn't be hard (especially nowadays) for old hands to filter them out,
> while newer folks could see them periodically until they got it straight.

It is rather confusing isn't it?

http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html#general

==========
users@openoffice.org
For questions relating to the use of OpenOffice.org (the application). A
very popular and effective list. This list is in English. For
non-English help resources, see the "Native-Lang" project lists below.

= news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions

==========

It would be nice if OOo asked gmane to rename that to
news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.users
The request can only come from OOo.

==========
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
This list is intended for discussions on OpenOffice.org and Open Source.
Begin by stating:

        Who you are;
        A few words on your background;
        Your interest in OpenOffice.org; and
        What you would like to see happen with OpenOffice.org.

This is a high-volume list; may we suggest the "digest"?
Note: For questions regarding the use of the OpenOffice.org suite,
please submit your questions to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

= news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.general

It would be nice if OOo asked gmane to rename that to
news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.discuss
The request can only come from OOo.

You might want to submit an RFE to that effect.