[CC:d to original user]

Frank Cox wrote:
> On 13 Oct 2007 08:49:03 -0000
> "Vishnuvenkatesh Dhage" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> With reference to above, when I am try to open the
>> Microsoft Access Database file having password
>> protection. It cannot open in open office base portable

Have you tried saving the Access database file without a password?

>> Please help me in this regard and tell me how to open the
>> MS Access database file in it. Because i want to completely
>> switch form Microsoft to Openoffice.org.
>
> Save the MS Access database file as a different format that is
> supported by OpenOffice and then import that.  OpenOffice can not
> directly import Microsoft Access files.

http://www.openoffice.org/product/base.html implies OOo does work with MS
Access.

But we need to know from the original poster if they are using the
implementation of OOo from www.portableapps.com (as the subject line
implies). If so,  there may be a problem with that. And if they are wanting
to completely switch from MS to OOo, I'm wondering why they would not be
using a normal hard drive installation?

--
Bob Long