To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Help with desktop shortcut

On Saturday 13 October 2007 20:59:39 Gregory Forster wrote:
I have Win XP.
Whenever I install OpenOffice, I always delete that shortcut
that's placed on the desktop.  I then click Start/All Programs
and look for the OpenOffice.org 2.3 folder.  I click that, then
for each application, I right click, go to Send To and scroll to
and click Desktop (create shortcut).

Greg

Judy Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I just installed
OpenOffice and a shortcut was created on my desktop. However when
I click on it, instead of opening the folder showing the
OpenOffice applications, it opens my Ivivo media player.  I've
tried every way I know to create a shortcut that opens the
OpenOffice folder directly, but I can't do it.  Can you help?
Thank you.

Another way is to start at your desktop RMC New > Shortcut > Browse
to the executable icon, select it, click next, change the name if
you want and click Finish.

--
http://24.197.142.167/ See the OpenOffice.org FAQ
Microsoft users go to http://www.pclinuxos.com for a great user