At 14:35 17/10/2007 -0400, Dale Ward wrote:
I have vision problems and was wondering if there is a program in OOf. that will read me my mail and articles as well as speech recognition.

Not directly.  But there is one workaround that may help:
o Copy and paste your mail or article into Writer, OpenOffice's word processor. o Use Writer's Export as PDF function to create a copy of your text in Portable Document Format. o Open the PDF document in Adobe Reader. (This is obtainable free of charge from the Adobe web site.)
o  Use the Read Out Loud facility in Adobe Reader to read your text.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker