On 10/18/2007 10:24 AM, jonathon wrote:
> Guess wrote:
>
>> can oxygenoffice co exists with openoffice?
>
> Only if you install it into a non-default directory.
>
> However,if you wander down the page
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170021
> most of the additional goodies are available for individual downloading.
>  "Additional goodies"  meaning fonts, clipart, templates, colour palettes,
> etc.
>
> xan
>
> jonathon

However you won't get:

* Enhanced capabilities of running Excel's Visual Basic for Application
(VBA) macros in Calc (for testing)
* Office Open XML (Microsoft Office 2007) document import (testing)
* Works document import
* WordPerfect document import
* WordPerfect Graphics import

if those are important to you.

If you want to try OxygenOffice, you can:

Install using:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Installing#Installing_more_than_one_version

I currently have 3 different versions of 2.3 versions running (1
includes a proof-of-concept for forms) and all work just fine as long as
you install them properly. I'll try this version of OxygenOffice
tomorrow or this weekend - in the past I've always found OO to be stable
and an excellent product. KAMI & co do good work :-)