Hi Cynthia,

Right-click the cell, select 'format cell', go to the 'alignment' tab and check
'Wrap text automatically'

From the help:
Wraps text onto another line at the cell border. The number of lines depends on the width of the cell. To enter a manual line break, press Ctrl+Enter in the cell.

tc

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
hi i just started using openoffice.org and right now i am loving it.  there is
one proble though that i am having.  I made a spread sheet and sometimes can't
get all the text in one cell, but i can't figure out how to do wrap around
text.  can you tell me how to do wrap around text?

--
tc

You appear not to be subscribed to the users' mailing list. You could miss many of the replies to your post unless you do subscribe. Just send a blank message addressed to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> using the e-mail account through which you want to receive it. You will receive a message asking you to confirm your subscription by replying to it. See http://support.openoffice.org/index.html for more options. Subscribing is optional. Be aware that after subscribing, you may receive many messages from the list. Be prepared to set up mail filters in your email client in order to deal with them.