Keith Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got an Email from a company called Efax which recommended i join Open
> Office to be able to use fax facilities from an open office document.  I've
> heard of but never had dealings with open office so I'd welcome some basic
> info about what it is and how i could use it.  I'm completely blind and use
> microsoft office suite at the moment for all my needs, is open office as good
> as or better?  I'm told i could send/receive faxes by opening an open office
> document, Am i likely to encounter any problems given my lack of sight?
>
> At the moment i use internet for a small independent legal advisory business,
> how can open office help with that?
>
> Be grateful if someone could contact me either by writing back or calling;
> 0044-1495-309485.

This list is manned by volunteers, so we don't make phone calls.
OpenOffice is a full office suite, comparable to Microsoft Office.  It
is used for the same functions, such as creating text documents,
spreadsheets and so on.  Like Microsoft Office is does not include a FAX
function.  That capability is provided by other software.  I cannot
advise you on any issues regarding blind users.