Harold Fuchs wrote:
On 24/10/2007, Frank Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:11:15 +0100
"gcorrea15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can you tell me whether it is possible to download only specific
functions in OO?

No.  OpenOffice is available only as "the complete package".

If you want you can either
a) Buy the software on CD. There's a non-exhaustive list at
http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html#cdrom
Expect to pay not much more than USD10 to cover the cost of producing the
CD, plus P&P. Note that we make no recommendations and give no guarantees.
Any deal is strictly between you and the vendor. Some people sell OO on CD
for a nominal sum to help people like yourself with slow/unreliable internet
connections. Some sell additional functionality and/or training and/or
support; expect to pay more for that. Some charge a lot of money for what
can be obtained free; that's legal if not exactly ethical (my opinion).

or
b) Go to your local magazine shop and look at the computer magazines
relating to your Operating System. Many of those carry free CDs/DVDs that
have the OO installation file on them. So, hassle free, you get OO for the
price of the magazine.

I saw a magazine in my local store that supplied OOo and it was C$34.95. Very expensive I thought.

I also tell people to go to a local library or a friends with high speed and a case of beer to drink. :) This is the one that I prefer.

--
Robin Laing