On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:20:07 +0100
"James Courtier-Dutton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How would I get openoffice to do this information abstraction bit of the task?

If I was you, I wouldn't.  I would whip something up with C or Perl or
whatever to do the job directly and wouldn't try to do that with OpenOffice.
Especially when you're going to save the result in a simple CSV file.

(I assume you mis-typed CSV as and didn't actually mean that you want to store
the result in a version control system.  If that's not the case, my advice
won't change much, though.  You just have to format the output such that your
particular CVS can read it and those things are really versatile.)