Guy Voets wrote:
> 2007/10/25, Bob Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> "John Jason Jordan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Number recognition in a table is driving me nuts. I set the cells to
>>> Text, I set the entire table to Left, and yet every time I type a
>>> number into a cell it pops to the right. Then I have to reset it to
>>> Left manually. How can I turn off this unwanted feature?
>>
>> Right-click somewhere in the table; click to untick what is called
>> "Number Recognition", believe it, or not!
>>
>> --
>> Bob Long
>
> Well Bob, not sure that I believe it...
> On my iMac with OOo 2.3 I have to go to Tools > Options > OOo Writer >
> Table to untick Number Recognition under Input in Tables.

Possibly. I don't know what differences the iMac has in that regard. My
"believe it or not" was meant to refer to the fact that the item to deselect
for "number recognition" happens to be called "number recognition"! But I
thought the iMac has some sort of "right click" equivalent?

I suspect the original user uses Linux, but there has been no response from
him.

--
Bob Long