Graham P Davis wrote:

>> Frank Cox wrote:

>>> This sounds like a problem in your kde theme and not in OO itself.
>>>
>>> I don't use kde so I can't give you specific steps to go through, but
>>> check your theme settings, especially anything that appears to set an
>>> exception.
>>>

>> The problem affected OOo on re-installation but hasn't affected another
>> piece of software that was similarly un-installed and re-installed. Also,
>> OOo behaved properly when installed as part of clean installations of
>> OpenSUSE 10.3. So, although OOo may not be the cause of the problem,
>> there seems to be something special in the relationship between it and
>> KDE. The KDE theme settings on the two machines are different, as are
>> those of the two users on one of them.
>>
>> Of course, the problem could be something that only affects OpenSUSE
>> which is why I've also raised the issue on one of their news-groups. I
>> fear I may have to try an installation of another flavour of Linux to see
>> how that behaves.
>>

> I've tried removing 2.3 from OpenSUSE 10.2 and replacing it with 2.0.4 and
> found I have the same trouble. Looks like this has been around a while but
> I'd not noticed it as re-installing OOo is not something I'd tried before.

I've now tried Kubuntu 7.10 but, although I successfully un-installed OOo, I
was unable to re-install it as the radio buttons in the installer failed to
change when clicked. Happy days!

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK.    E-mail: newsman, not newsboy.
"What use is happiness? It can't buy you money."  [Chic Murray, 1919-85]