To whom it may concern...

I am unable to install OO 2.3 on my Windows ME Laptop. When I try to install,
the 1st error message I get is, "This package requires a newer version of the
Windows Installer. Do you want to update?" When I click on "Yes", the next
error message I get is, "The specified service already exits". When I click on
"OK", the next error message I get is, "Setup was unable to find the file "."
When I click on "OK", I am left with no other options. What do I do?

(I had an earlier version of OO (1.x) installed, and it worked fine. Is there a
way to download an earlier version, or can we fix the installation problem with
version 2.3?)

Sincerely,

Ronald W. Frye
San Ramon, CA