On 30/10/2007, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Background .... I have an "alert" icon/button on Calc that says there is
> > an update to download.  When I click on it, the link takes me to a
> series of
> > pages that want me to download the entire program (100 plus Megs of it).
> >
> > Question ... Is there an update page I am not seeing or is downloading
> the
> > entire program again what has to be done?
> >
> > Thanks for any information.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Barry
>

> Currently a 'patching' type system is not available for OOo. The entire
> suite has to be downloaded each time.
>
> /paul
>
> If downloading is a problem for you, perhaps because you have a
slow/unreliable/expensive internet connection, you can pay a few dollars for
a CD. There's a link from the same page as you'd download from. Check the
price before you buy; there are rogues out there!

You can also often get OpenOffice on the CDs/DVDs that come free with
computer magazines. Just make sure you get the right version for your
Operating System - don't buy a Linux magazine if you use Windows.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England