2007/10/30, Harold Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 29/10/2007, mach m <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Open Office 2.2.1 and when trying to update was redirected to
> > update page where is impossible to figure out  where to get and what kind
> > of
> > update.
> > Is there any way to just get it updated without spending days in the never
> > ending maze ?
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > .
> > Mach
> >

> Go to http://www.openoffice.org/ and click the big green "Get openoffice.org"
> button. Then follow the *simple* instructions to get the right version for
> your operating system. No mazes.
>
> There is no "update" as such. You need to download and install the complete
> new version. Maintaining an update system for all the different platforms
> would be too complex to manage and would therefore lead to too many bugs.
>

> --
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England
> Please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org

Just to complete Harold's response:
If you subscribe to the anoounce list, you'll get notified about new
releases of OpenOffice.org. The list should only produce a few mails
per month, not tens per day like the users list. You can then download
and install a new version of OOo as explained by Harold.
Send an empty mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and confirm
your subscription by responding to the automatic mail you will
receive.
[CC to unsubscribed OP]
--
Guy