Anne-Marie wrote:
> Hi to whom it may concern,I downloaded openoffice.org about 1 year ago & we
> my children & I loved it.I have vista and up until recently it worked fine.My
> computer then wouldnt let me access the program so i uninstalled it then
> downloaded again (latest version) thinking it was the same program only
> updated.Now I have lost old copy.And I cant use the new one in the same
> way.Can I get a copy of old version sent to me.it had great programs for kids
> to use for projects and spreadsheets for budgeting.I cant access saved stuff
> because of unistalled program.Hopfully you can help as I dont have a computer
> literate bone in my body,and have tried too no avail.Many Thanxs!

Based on your description, the problem appears to be in Vista and not
OpenOffice.  What sort of errors or other response are you getting.
Perhaps someone else has some suggestions.  In the mean time, you might
want to consider the version from portableapps.com.  It is installed on
a USB drive instead of the computer hard drive and may allow a work
around, until your problem is resolved.  It will be slower though.