2007/10/30, Richard Detwiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> David Dickinson wrote:
> > Hello friend,
> >   So I need to export our wedding announcement into a pdf and I've done so
> > but have encountered some problems.  It seems that the pdf export does not
> > keep the transparency of pictures.  We have a picture as background but
> > we've placed our names behind that since they've been scanned in and
> > putting them in front of the picture results in big white boxes.  I was
> > wondering if there is any way to do the export without losing transparency.
> >  I've attached the document and two pdf attempts showing the problem.  I'd
> > really appreciate any help you could offer.
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > David Dickinson
> >

> David,
>
> I tried a pdf export in OpenOffice and confirmed your result.
>
> I then tried creating a pdf file using PDFCreator (another free
> program). Using PDFCreator, it came out fine. I'm not sure why there was
> a difference between OpenOffice pdf export, and PDFCreator, but there
> definitely was. Maybe someone else on the list who is more knowledgeable
> than I am can help explain this.
>
> (I'm cc-ing this to you because you appear to be not subscribed to this
> mailing list, but please make any replies to the list only, not to me
> personally, so others on the list can help.)

Hello David,

Only the odt made it to the list, the pdf's not (filtered away).
I would say it's normal that the white from the boxes with the names
shines through since you scanned them with this white background...

Another solution: can't you find the font used for the Kimberley and
David and simply type the names, instead of scanning them with the
white background? Or instead of white use a similar colour to the one
of the background image?

And: best wishes to the both of you
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger