Ellane wrote:

> I have several questions about downloading your free software
> OpenOffice.  I hope that you’ll take the time to respond.
>

> 1.      How am I otherwise obligated to our company once I download
> your free software?

No obligation whatsoever.

> 2.      Will I have to pay to continue using your software in a month?

No.  There is no charge at any time

> 3.      Will it cease to function after a designated introductory period?

No.

> 4.      How much better is it that what I already have (Microsoft
> Office 2007 Professional).

That depends.  Some things are better in  OpenOffice, some in Microsoft
Office.  OpenOffice supports the ISO standard ODF format, which
Microsoft refuses to support.  Microsoft Office 2007 defaults to the new
OOXML format, which nothing else supports.

> 5.      How much does your “free” software cost to the typical home
> consumer?

Nothing.  It's a free download from www.openoffice.org.  A commercial
version is called StarOffice and is available from Sun.