On Tuesday November 6 2007 07:55 am, Per Grahn wrote:
> Per Grahn wrote:
> > I have never understood the database part completely.
> >
> > Is it possible to have OO access a plain CSV file containing tabular
> > data and have the view updated then the file get updated ?
> > This is sometimes called a "live link".
> >
> > If it is possible, how do I do it and when will the update be
> > performed?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Per
>
> In my original question I forgot to tell you that I am using OO 2.3 and
> StarOffice 8, patch 8, which basically is the same thing.
>
> Hoping for an answer
> Per
If OOo is accessing the CSV file the same way it does a speadsheet, the
answer is no. Making changes in the database will not make corresponding
changes in the CSV file. The only way I know to do that is to open the CSV
file with Calc and then save the changes back to the CSV file.
In the table section of Base, you can create a View. It is also a
table, but the data in the View can not be changed without changing the
data in the corresponding fields of the underlying table or tables. Its
purpose is only to show you what is contained in the fields you specify.
Dan
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]