jonathon wrote:
Harold wrote:

And where, please is "the appropriate macro" that you are clearly aware of?

That was left as an exercise for the reader.

xan

jonathon
I spent a few hours looking around and I did not find a macro that is able to deal with this.

You can grab these macros, but they are meant for QIF

http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/calc2qif_en.php

The rumor is that the QFX format is Quicken's implementation of OFX, so, I downloaded the version 2 specification available here

http://www.ofx.net/ofx/

Perhaps I should have looked at the version 1 spec for OFX, because the version 2 spec states:

Open Financial Exchange is a broad-based framework for exchanging financial data and instructions between customers and their financial institutions. It allows institutions to connect directly to their customers without requiring an intermediary.

Open Financial Exchange is an open specification that anyone can implement: any financial institution, transaction processor, software developer, or other party. It uses widely accepted open standards for data formatting (such as XML), connectivity (such as TCP/IP and HTTP), and security (such as SSL).

Open Financial Exchange defines the request and response messages used by each financial service as well as the common framework and infrastructure to support the communication of those messages. This specification does not describe any specific product implementation.

I spent some time looking through the spec and I never saw any mention of a file format, only messages. Perhaps I should have looked at the version 1 specification instead.

I have likely spent too much time already.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm