On Nov 8, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Jesicca Emrick wrote:

I have tried to install the latest version of OpenOffice on my new
MacBook Pro, and I can not get it to work

The program is installed, it installed without problem... but when I
try to open the program it says that I need to update my x11

I downloaded the latest version of x11, and it will not allow me to
install the program because it says I already have the latest version
of x11 installed onto my system

I'm stuck, the program won't run without x11, and x11 won't install
because it says it's already on my system

Unfortunately, we are lacking some important information here. Are you running Tiger [OS X 10.4] or Leopard [OS X 10.5]? Have you installed all the Software Updates? Where did you get the version of X11 you have installed?

Using a rusty Amiga 4000T, a shiny PowerMac G5, & a homebuilt Ubuntu box

I am neither for nor against apathy.