well,
there are 2 solutions:

1) download and install open office (it;s free)

2) download and install the odt plugin from Sun, and you will be able to view (and save) odt files in Office 2003 , from here
http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin

PETER LAGUE wrote:
I've been using open office and my problem is concerning opening files created
in openoffice with Microsoft Word.
Some time ago I uninstalled open office because of problems with my computer,
and I now have Word.  I now cannot open the files created through Openoffice
with Word.  It says the files are corrupt.  These are very important files to
me and I need to access them.  They come up as ODT files and won't open.  How
do I access these files.  ANy help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Peter