Jessica Neshem wrote:
I was told about your website because I do not have Microsoft Word or anything on my computer. I needed the software to make documents, business info. I went to your website to download and because I have dial-up It will take 33 hours to download. So I ordered the software through cafepress.com . It is openoffice.org 2.0.4. I recieved the software today to download everything and find that I have to pay 39.99 fo a different software that lets me download your software. I am confused. Why do I have to buy more software? I though I would just get this software and be able to download it with no problem. I have Windows XP. I can't afford 50.00 in more software.          Jessica

Those vendors are completely independent of OpenOffice.  The volunteers on this mail list, who assist users with OpenOffice have no connection to those vendors.  While I cannot speak for cafepress.com or any other vendor, CD vendors generally include a full installable version of OpenOffice on the CD.  Also, those vendors download the free version of OpenOffice, copy it to CD and perhaps add other value. OpenOffice.org does not receive any money from them.  Nor to the volunteers on this mail list.

You say you received a CD with version 2.0.4.  Is that software installable?  What is that software you're expected to pay for?

If you have to download OpenOffice you should go to www.openoffice.org, where you can get it for free.  Perhaps you know someone, with broadband internet access, who can assist you with this.

Your questions may be better answered by cafepress.com, as they're the ones who sold you the CD.

BTW, the latest version is 2.3.

Please reply only to the list (users@openoffice.org) and not directly to me.

--
 Use OpenOffice.org