M Henri Day wrote:
2007/11/18, Frank Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:13:53 +0000
Xerardo Arias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 writer automatically returns to the page that the cursor is active on.
Where else would it go?  In other words, where do you think it should put
the
cursor in that situation?

Frank, I interpreted Xerardo to mean thatthe cursor returns of itself to the
original position when he releases the scroll wheel or the mouse button,
instead of, as he had expected, staying where it was on the page when he
lifts his hand. I, too, would find the behavior he describes
undesirable....

Henri

Just letting go of the mouse does not pop it back to the previous position of the cursor, but then taking other actions sometimes does (things like clicking on a menu item up top, as I recall). If you scroll-wheel somewhere and want to do stuff there, left-click somewhere in the text in the area you're looking at.

Sometimes I find it annoying, too, but I've never sat down and figured exactly the set of actions that do it. I just put up with it.

Just out of curiosity, does M$Word do the same thing?

Jim Hartley
--
Teen Angel - a ghost story - http://teenangel.netfirms.com