Hi -- 

I'm so angry I could spit, and I'm hoping OOo will be my knight in
shining cordoroy.  

As part of my genealogical research, I used to be able to scan
multi-page documents and save them as PDF files in one step with the
software that came with my printer.  After my computer died this
spring, I bought a new one with (cough) Vista and everything's now a
mess and there's very little that I can get to work like it did before
and, specifically, the software that came with my printer is useless. 
I tried scanning multi-part documents into OOo using:  

Insert > Picture > Scan > Request

I select "document feeder" and it scans the first page, but then it's
like it's waiting for something to go on to the other pages, and I
can't figure out what it's waiting for.  So I'm having to scan each
page separately -- it would be nice if I could just have it scan all
the pages at once -- is this possible?  

Also, the defaults for the scanning dialog all have to be changed for
each scan, so an eleven page document requires a considerable bit of
"messing around."  How can I permanently change the defaults? I use
the Windows software for scanning imagesd, so I don't need those as
default settings in OOo.  Specifically, the default paper size is, for
some reason, legal size (8-1/2" x 14") and if I forget to change that,
I have to re-scan the page.  

I checked OOo help, but that didn't go into any details.  Google
didn't help.  

Can anyone suggest a way to make this easier?  Or is there a better
solution that doesn't involve OOo (besides switching back to XP).  

TIA

-- 
Kris
"Ask not what Vista can do for you, ask what YOU can do for Vista."


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to