On 11/19/2007 01:17 PM, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I'm using OO 2.0.4 in openSUSE 10.2 and I can't play a sound or music during
>  a Impress presentation. Did I misconfigure  the sound system or is a
>  "feature" of Impress in Linux. In Windows works.
> 
> --
> Regards,
> Lívio Cipriano

Livio,

Here is how I managed to get sound to work for me on an Ubuntu machine.
You can modify accordingly for your openSUSE. Note: I had thought that
openSUSE used gstreamer so it shouldn't be necessary for you to install
JMF - check to see if you have gstreamer installed first. You can also
use the go-oo version instead if you'd like, see:
http://go-oo.org/discover/
http://go-oo.org/download/
OpenSUSE
    Stable: SLED10, 10.1, 10.2

Anyway, here are my instructions for JMF on an Ubuntu system:

For those of you that use the standard OOo vs the Ubuntu'ized OOo, here
is how I *finally* managed to get sound working in my OOo version 2.2.1
and 2.3 Impress presentations [1]:

1. Downloaded the JMF bin file from:
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/download.html
Followed the instructions on that page:
<quote>
If you are installing the JMF Performance Pack for Linux

    * Change directories to the install location.
    * Run the command % /bin/sh ./jmf-2_1_1e-linux-i586.bin
</quote>
by moving the jmf-2_1_1e-linux-i586.bin file to my /opt directory using
Nautilus in root mode ($ gksu nautilus) - command line cp will work just
as well.

2. From a terminal:

$ cd /opt
$ sudo /bin/sh ./jmf-2_1_1e-linux-i586.bin

Accepted/yes to all except the last where it recommends that you enter
"no" on the last question.

That creates the /opt/JMF-2.1.1e folder/directory

$ export JMFHOME=/opt/JMF-2.1.1e
$ export
CLASSPATH=$JMFHOME/lib/jmf.jar::$JMFHOME/lib/sound.jar:.:${CLASSPATH}
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JMFHOME/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

3. Opened OOo: Tools/Options/Java/Class Path, click on 'Add Archive' &
_browse_ to: /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib and click on jmf.jar - click OK.

Repeat step 3 for StarOffice 8.

Sound now works in both standard OOo and StarOffice 8! :-) Man... I've
been fighting with this for nearly a year now. The problem that I had in
the past is that I neglected to click on the *jmf.jar* file and was only
adding the /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib path.

[1] The Ubuntu'ized OOo from the repos has sound working by default
using gstreamer - standard OOo and StarOffice 8 do not, so JMF is required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to