Hi all

My company have been using Lotus Approach for a long time now. The boss asked me recently to check out OO.o Base for the same functionality. I came across a little question.

Is there anyway that you can create a filter and then use the report or form functions to use only the filtered data instead of the whole database. I have been playing around with the data sources option, without any luck.

I know that you can get the same results by using a query, but to teach the users to use it will be a nightmare.

The reason we are trying to switch over is because Approach gets very unstable at using mysql as a database engine.

I am currently testing it out on OO.o 2.3 and I loaded the SRB extension to see if that makes a difference also without much luck.

Let me know if the details is a little bit sketchy so I can try and clear it up a bit more.

Thanks in advance
Ian