Thanks, Alan!
Elchanan

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Boba [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:03 PM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] Impress: Presentation File Format?

On Nov 19, 2007 6:03 PM, TechAdmin @ VLM <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, I am saving my first presentation. Is the .odp extension the current
> open file format for presentations ... do I have the correct
> format/extension?
> Thanks,
> Elchanan

If you wish you may also have OOo automatically add the file name extension.
Saves you a tiny bit of typing with each document and avoids any possible
typographic errors typing the extension. It does this for any type of file
you might save in OOo. Save as a MS Word, MS Powerpoint, dBASE, CSV,
StarCalc, etc. and it automatically applies the correct extension.

To do this make certain the "Automatic file name extension" setting is
checked when saving a file. The option is presented in the file save dialog
box and is remembered. Check it once and it stays set until you uncheck it.