Richard Detwiler wrote:
Yeo Kai Wei wrote:

I was just wondering if Open Office can open up Microsoft Office Word
Documents or Adobe .pdf files? If no, can it work with other word
processor documents?

It can open MS Word documents as long as they aren't from Word 2007 or whatever it is called. (.docx suffix ones, I think they are)

It cannot open up pdf files.

PDF import is being worked on:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Pdf_Import_Extension

OOXML (.docx etc) is also being worked on, and the plan is to have import support in OpenOffice.org 3.0.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany