On 27/11/2007 20:04, Brian Blandford wrote:
If I want to type (c) it is automatically corrected to the copyright sign:

©

When I try to turn this off in Tools/Auto correct by deleting the unwanted line, it immediately reasserts itself.

Why can't I delete this  auto correction?

BrianB

Do you mean it reasserts itself within the same document? It doesn't for me - OO 2.2 on Win XP Pro. If so, then I have no ideas what is happening.

Or do you mean from one document to the next? If that, then try turning off the Quickstarter before making the change. I've often found that Quickstarter gets in the way of such configuration changes. I think it holds open some file into which the changes get written so that they don't get flushed to disk.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England