2007/11/27, Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Nov 26, 2007, at 8:14 AM, Andy O´Connell wrote:
>
> > I am having problems running open office on my macbook after
> > installing the new leopard operating system for mac?? Can you help??
> > It runs very slow in spreadsheet and times out when opening the
> > program??
> >
> > Tak.
>
> The "time out" is 'normal', with the upgrade.
>
> Part of the problem is Apple's implementation of X11. Search through
> the archives here, and there is a link to upgrade/update X11, which
> makes OO run better
>
> ---
> Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ICQ#:         AIM#:            YAHOO:
> 18002350      mailman452       mailman42_5
>
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
> little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
>          Ben Franklin - 1759

The link to the X11 update page is
http://www.x.org/wiki/XDarwin
You can avoid the time-out when you start up X11 manually before you start
OOo
I suppose you already upgraded to Leopard 10.5.1, which should also solve
some 'child diseases' of young leopard.

--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger