----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [users] I am using version 2.0 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
11/27/07

I want to download OpenOffice version 2.0 because my Micrososft Word in Windows Vista is locked. If I download OpenOffice, will all my Microsoft work be erased?

Installing OpenOffice will not affect any documents created with Word. In fact, you can have both on your computer. However, one thing that may have trapped you, is those files you created are likely in the new OOXML formats, which no other application can read. You may want to download the free Word viewer from Microsoft, so that you can cut 'n paste from those trapped documents.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD102258581033.aspx