----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [users] using open office

JUDITH HERBST wrote:
I am using an Apple (new 17" laptop w/ Leopard OS) provided by Vocational Rehab - I am presently on disability. I would like to use Open Office but am concerned about deleting it if Voc. Rehab. decides to purchase MS Office 2008. They often prefer to spend taxpayers' money to insure some inexplicable rule or standard. So, 1st question:

If I download your suite of 'Open' programs, will I have difficulty getting rid of them if requested to?

While I have no experience with Apple computers, I'd say you should be able to have both on your computer, as I do at work on Windows.

2nd question:
I found Borders book store is carrying something called "Open Office" printed in England, with a disk, and instructions, promising compatibility w/ both PCs and Macs - is this the same?

It may be, but I don't know for certain. It might also be a book for the older 1.x versions of OpenOffice, which would be out of date now. You'll have to browse through the book, to see what it refers to. The CD is probably Windows only and almost certainly stale. The current version is 2.3, which can be downloaded from www.openoffice.org. If you're looking to buy a book, you might want to consider the "OpenOffice.org 2 Guidebook", which can be ordered from the author. http://getopenoffice.org/guidebook.html

As soon as I am back in the workforce, I will support your organization financially. I just found out about you and I find the whole project very exciting.

Thanks for the help.
Judith Herbst

[EMAIL PROTECTED]