--- mike scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After complaining to telia this a.m. (GMT) I heard
> from [EMAIL PROTECTED], who have investigated what's
> going on.
>
> Turns out an elderly gentleman doesn't understand
> how he got onto the list in the first place, and
says
> he's tried to unsubscribe but failed.
> The mailbombing was an act of panic, it seems.
>
> Unfortunately, telia hope I can do something about
> it ...........  if only!!!!!
>
> I've replied asking them to offer him assistance,
> and advising the exact procedure to follow to
> unsubscribe. Maybe they'll be able to intercept his
> mail and do it on his behalf.
>
> It does raise the issue of how the OOo lists should
> handle this sort of situation - the sort that
> "clearly can't happen". But maybe that should go to
> the 'discuss' list!

Presumably someone "Owns" this list, or at least has
root access to its files.  Surely all that is
necessary is for that person to edit the file
containing the email addresses to which postings are
sent and remove ol' Bo/Lisbet from the file?

I have been a little unfair to this senile old fart,
and I am not the only one.

Colin