Cecelia Jauregui wrote:

I sent you a question yesterday and I have another for you today.  I need to be able to set up this program with the e-mail that we use in this office and I thought that you could give me a call at the office or e-mail me step by step directions.  This is top priority for me to be able to send out the invoices that I need to send.  I also want to know how to save a ms word doc into this format and have it as a master copy.  Thank you for your time.

The help on this list comes from volunteers, so no phone calls.

If you're running Windows, OpenOffice should use your default email program for sending files.  To send a file directly from OpenOffice, click on File > Send and then choose what you want to send.  OpenOffice does not include an email program, but many people use Thunderbird.

By "master copy", I assume you mean "template".  You can create your own template from a document by clicking on File > Templates > Save and filing it where you wish.  Then to use it, you can use File > New > Templates and Documents.

To save as a Word document, use File > Save as  and then select Word format.  You should also ensure automatic file extensions is enabled.  You can also choose Word format when you email a document.  If you work mostly in Word documents, it is possible to make that your default format.

Please respond only to the mail list (users@openoffice.org) and not directly to me.

--
 Use OpenOffice.org