On 28/11/2007 23:32, Elchanan wrote:
Greetings everyone,
I use OO 2.3 on Win XP Pro. Whenever I double-click in Windows Explorer to
launch a document that OO is set to open, the task bar icon flashes (which
is just dandy) but the document itself does not jump up and appear on-screen
until I click on the task bar icon and select the document. I'd prefer that the opening document automatically become the active
document/window. Suggestions appreciated!
Elchanan

Hmm. If Writer is already open but minimised then what you see is what I get too. If Writer is not open then double clicking a document causes it to open *and* to appear on screen. I have no idea why; it doesn't happen with other Windows software For example, if I have my text editor open but minimised and double click a .txt file, the file appears on screen in the editor. This is the same as if the text editor were not already open. I think this is a bug as Writer's behaviour does not seem to conform to normal Windows guidelines.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England