On 29/11/2007 02:08, Wayne Briggs wrote:
Hi

I am using Open Office Org. version 2.3  (free version).

My problem is if I left click on a cell and then navigate using the up/down,
left/right arrows on the key board. I get the numbers 2 or 6 or 8 being
randomly dropped from time to time in cells. If I had information in that cell
it is replaced with these numbers.

Can you please help?
a) The "free version" is *the* version. OpenOffice is free software.
b) Sounds like you have Num Lock turned on. Look carefully at your keyboard. There's a key labelled Num Lock or NumLk or some such. It's a toggle key like Caps Lock. Hit it once to turn Num Lock on, hit it again to turn it off, etc. etc. When Num Lock is on the arrow keys on the numeric keypad behave like the numbers you mention.

This has absolutely nothing to do with OpenOffice, Calc or any related software. It's a function of the software controlling your keyboard, the so called "keyboard driver". Some systems boot (start) up with Num Lock turned on. On the assumption that you are using Windows, read this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000792.htm

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England