Bert Severijn wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: Jack Carpenter To: Bert Severijn Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:28 PM
Subject: Impress

I am on the mailing list but every time I send out requesting an answer I might
as well be sending it to a black hole. I notice you are into Impress so I
thought I would just ask you to send it to the mailing list for me. My problem
is I want to know how to turn on the sound in Impress, when i am running a PP
app that I know there is sound, in impress there is none.

Thanks for your help.

Jack Carpenter

Hi Bert

I got your message to the mailing list. When you send your messages, do you see your own messages sent back to you by the mail server? If not, then there is a problem (as if you didn't know that...)

You should see every message anyone sends to the list, including the messages you send. Since I saw your message sent to the list, I have to suspect the problem is on your end:

Did you reply to the subscribe confirmation message? (Did you *get* a subscribe confirmation message?)

Do you have any junk mail filters setup? Are all the openoffice messages in your junk folder? (Maybe the subscribe confirmation message is buried in there too...)

Subscribing to the list takes 4 steps:

1. You send an email requesting to have your address added to the list.

2. The list replies back to the address you gave it, asking you to confirm the subscription. (This is so that someone else can't subscribe you to the list and flood you with unwanted email.)

3. You reply back to the confirmation mail.

4. The list informs you that your address has been added.

Did you go through all these steps?

There is no harm in going through all 4 steps over again. If your junk filters are setup to automatically delete junk, any previous subscribe confirmation is gone forever. Just turn off your junk filter and subscribe again, you'll get another confirmation message.

*After* you get subscribed, you may need to do a little tweaking/retraining of your junk filter. I doubt you'll want to leave it turned off permanently, but you do need to teach it that the openoffice address is not junk.

Hope this helps.