Hello,

A few folks have experienced some problems with the registration process at the Community Forum site. To date only 6 reports ( out of ~700 registrations ), but that is enough to show a trend.

All those reporting the problem have been running FireFox Version 2.0.0.10 - many more running the same software have experienced no problem.

At this point it appears that the problem is some combination of FireFox extensions and or themes - the problem is also not OS specific.

First - if you did have a problem and did not contact any of the site admins please do so at:

ucfadmin -at- oucv.org

or send me an email directly at atjensen -at- openoffice.org

Second - After speaking with the FireFox team we ask that you try this:

Close FireFox and restart it with this command line:

firefox -safe-mode

This will temporarily turn off your extensions and themes.
If the problem goes away finish your registration but once one the board please let one of the Moderators or Administrators know.
If it persists contact us and we will get your registered from our side.

What we are looking for is a list of the extensions and or theme you are using, your OS and if you run behind any kind of firewall or proxy server.

We will attempt to recreate your setup and work our way down the list of extensions looking for the culprit(s), so that we can report this back to the Mozilla FireFox team.

Finally - I would like to say how excited the team behind the forum is that so many have come by and signed up already.

Thanks again and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Drew Jensen
http://user.services.openoffice.org
Site Administrator