No, a menu of this type is not automatic in OOo.
That said, you can easily build a list box containing the characters, or
a drop down in a simple dialog.
Dim s$
s = InputBox("1 hello" & CHR$(10) & "2 go" & CHR$(10) & _
"3 hello" & CHR$(10) & "4 go", "Title", "2")
Print "choice = " & s
This dialog, however, does not scroll sufficiently I think.
Eddie wrote:
Hi. In WordPerfect, I can write a macro that pops up a multiple-choice menu: if
A, do this, if B, do that, if C, go home; that sort of thing. Does OpenOffice
Basic have that capability?
What I'd really like is to be able to insert certain obscure character combinations into
documents. To refine the above example, I'd like to go [Ctrl-Shift-Q] and then pick from a
menu: if A (or 1), type ⅆ or if B (or 2), type &oq;&cq; and move the cursor
back to before the second ampersand. I can't use AutoText or AutoCorrect for them, as they
are often placed in the middle of phrases.
I could write individual macros and assign them to keystrokes, but I'd run out
of keystrokes before I ran out of entities, so it would be helpful to be able
to stack them. I'd prefer not to use a toolbar full of macros because typing is
faster than clicking. And I'd really, really like not to have to type the
entities all out, because they're hard to proofread.
Advice on whether what I propose to do is doable would be appreciated. A sample
macro would be thrilling.
I'm getting very interested in moving my work over to Linux (behavioral
psychologists call it the Vista Effect). OpenOffice is a lot of fun, but there
are a few things I can't (yet) do in Writer that I can do in WordPerfect, and
this is the most important one.
Thanks,
Eddie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm
Info: http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
See Also: http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/index.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]