Sorry for the Off Topic but I don't know who else to ask ...

I've noticed that many of you in this list have e-mail signatures along the lines of
=== start quote ===
Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.15/1174 - Release Date: 12/6/2007 10:11 AM
=== end quote ===

Please, how did you achieve this? I have searched the AVG documentation and the Thunderbird documentation. I've Googled. Must I believe you maintain an up-to-date text file with all those version numbers and point your mail program at it? I hope not ...

If you prefer please do ignore the last line of my signature and reply to me personally. Thanks.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England