On 11/12/2007, Healthy Beaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Palm TX but it does not do OOo and so I want to buy something
> that
> will.  What do you recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Floyd

I don't know of any PDA that will run OO. However, OO can export to PDF or
to Microsoft Word format. There are free readers for PDF (Google is your
friend) and things like Documents to Go (DtG) will allow you to read *and*
edit your Word documents on the PDA. DtG's conduit will allow you to
transfer the edited files back to the PC where they can be imported into OO
again. I think most Palms come with DtG in the box.

There's also Portable OO (freeware) which you install onto a USB stick and
which you can then run on any PC with a USB port without you having to
install anything on the PC. See
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable for details and
download.

--