On 22 Dec 2007 at 12:11, Troll/Idiot wrote:
> Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> > 2007/12/18, Phyllis Corella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >> I am having a problem with the date cell.  When I enter 10-13-2007 it
> >> automatically puts in 13-10-2007.  Now, since I am not in Europe I would
> >> like to be able to have the format that is used in the United States be the
> >> one that I want.  I tried your help index, but I did not see it there.  Can
> >> you walk me through it?  thanks.
> >>
> >> Phyllis Corella
> >>

> > Hm... what's wrong with the international ISO8601 date format? 2007-10-13.
> > By the way, that's my birthday...
> >
> > J.R.
> >
> I prefer dates in that format or something similar (071013) since they
> make files sort in a convenient order, but some people seem to find them
> almost incomprehensible.  It's like you're asking them to look for the
> morning sun in the west.

I agree. But maybe the OP should check the locale setting?

Tools|Options|Language settings|languages|Locale and picking English-US
seems to do what's wanted. 10/13/2007 appears as "Saturday, October 13,
2007" when I set to en-US.

With en-GB, it's odd entering the illegal date - the cell contains
10/13/2007, yet the entry area above the spreadsheet switches to
13/10/2007 when I hit enter.

--
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk lists incoming sites blocked because of
spam