On 30/12/2007 13:40, Toms Gmail wrote:
Dear Lyn,

You could use Firefox Thunderbird for the email. It is also open source free to use and includes spell check. I find it to be better than express by far
Cheers,

Tom Harper

Lynn Banks wrote:
Help please,
I have instaled Openoffice as of yeasterday, for two reasons. That I may be able to type and print an ordinery letter, also that I may spellcheck emails. These are two funchions which I gratly miss , since upgrading to X.P. from 2000 pro ( a oversite which I did not think of at the time ! )

I am pleased that I am now able to print a letter that is "readable" as well as being "spelled correctly". ( my handwriting is almost as bad as my spelling )

However as I tried a email useing Outlook Express I realise that the spellcheck does not work here. I was/am of the impreshion that spellcheck should work here ?

Any help would be gratly apreciated, thank you as my p.c. skills are very limated to be honest.

Also Thunderbird and OpenOffice can share dictionaries ...

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England