On Jan 16, 2008 11:51 PM, Scott Meyers  wrote:

> but I really want to have both lists available to me at the same time.

a) Configure the formatting toolbar to display:
* paragraph style (Apply style)
* font name;
* font size;
* font color;
* anything else you want to know about current formatting data;
* Then keep that toolbar permanently displayed at the top of your screen.

b) Setup stylist to display the applied styles for character styles.

When you first create a document, you may have to switch stylist to
hierarchical, and paragraph styles, Just be sure to switch back to
applied character styles, before you continue typing away.

I just tossed a screenshot of what my setup looks like to
http://www.esnips.com/web/OOoRelatedThings/
Filename:  OOo-screenshot.jpg.
(FWIW, this is OOo 2.2.0 on Ubuntu Christian Edition  )

xan

jonathon