I CAN'T ACCESS existing OPEN OFFICE files or USE THE PROGRAM.

        Lastnight, I downloaded newest version of OOo, 2.3.1.

        I  had v. 2.3, which is still showing up on PC.

        I've used OOo for about 2 years, with no problems,
                (except that it would stop working if I had files open and was
using the Internet
                 simultaneously).

  When I attempt to access/use...I get a message:

  "Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal
settings or your personal settings are locked....Before continuing, you should
make sure user ... closes OpenOffice.org on host ..."

  I NEED TO ACCESS THESE FILES, URGENTLY.

  Please reply ASAP, and if someone can call to instruct me in correcting the
problem that'd be great!  Please advise.

  Thank you,

  Krysty

  Additonal Information:
  Program location:
           C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\OpenOffice.org 2.3

  Shortcut target, C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.3\program\swriter.exe

  Starts in, "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.3\program\"